Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Veteran's Day!

  Today is a day to honor all of those who served and those who serve our country.  On Friday we spent a bit of time talking to the students about Veterans.  We discussed who they were, what they did and if we know anyone that is a Veteran.  One of the students in my classroom this year has a father who is a Veteran so it was a great example.  As I was perusing The Mailbox I found an adorable worksheet. My lovely volunteer adapted the worksheet to our classroom and here is what it looked like:
 
Here is the adapted version: 


  As you can see my volunteer added the wording: "On Veteran's Day we salute all soldiers and thank them for protecting our country."  She also found a clip art picture of two soldiers; male and female.  The students colored in the boy and girl to the left and then they glued on the soldiers once they were finished.

  I'm a bad blogger though, because I forgot to take a photo of the finished project. :(
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment